November 13 - 19, 2016

1. Kurt Vonneguys - "Player Piano"
I love Cracked and I love Kurt Vonnegut.  I honestly don't think any other podcast in my stable of regulars could have been a better fit to discuss one of my favorite authors.  Player Piano is a flawed book, but it is such a great intro to Vonnegut and hosts Michael Swaim and Alex Schmidt strike the perfect balance of deference and humor in their analysis.

2. Millenial - "You Can't Go Home Again (#29)"
Right now my future seems a little uncertain.  Many things are up in the air, but one of the foremost is where I want to settle down and live for the rest of my life.  The tension I face isn't the same as that of the host in this podcast, but there are similar themes and I found this to be a timely and semi-comforting listen.

3. This American Life - "The Sun Comes Up (#602)" Another wonderful This American Life episode centered around the election.  This edition of the show tackles public opinion in the wake of the surprising results, interviewing folks from all around the country of various backgrounds. People who want a condensed version of the endless Facebook browsing reading perspectives on the historic event should look no further than "The Sun Comes Up."

4. Code Switch - "Another Black President Says Goodbye To Washington"
For me, almost any interview with a Hamilton cast member is a good interview.  But few interviewers have quite the same perspective as the folks at Code Switch, and in this episode we get a really intimate view of Chris Jackson just before and just after he left the role of George Washington in the smash hit musical.  Great for fans and casual listeners alike!

5. Hidden Brain - "What Happened? (#51)"
This may be the best nonpartisan analysis of the election I've heard.  With the title asking the question most people found themselves contemplating, Shankar finds someone who sort of knew this would happen.  Why did a historian have a better grasp on a presidential prediction than any pollster or policy wonk?  Science.  Tune in to learn more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 11, 2018

July 7, 2019

November 5, 2018